|HIFI-FORUM » English » Stereo (Engl.) » Sony TA-AX2 Amplifier|
Sony TA-AX2 Amplifier+A -A
|#1 erstellt: 28. Dez 2007, 21:04|
Just wondering if any of you have ever had/used an old 1981 "Made in Japan" Sony TA-AX2 amplifier before. Have just re-bought mine after selling it to a friend....missed it very much
It's 40 watts per channel @16 ohms....any suggesstions on what sort of speakers would go well with it i.e. without blowing up (like has happened in the past with equally vintage Onkyo bookshelf speakers ). I'm looking for something that will give me nice tight bass. I had earlier paired the amp with Mission M72's and also with a pair of Gale floor-standers and they sounded superb but I now want something else...also I want a simple 2 speaker setup with no sub or surround or any of that nonsense. Any ideas?
|#2 erstellt: 31. Dez 2007, 20:11|
do not know where you are located? India?
if so, see if you can audition the Cadence bookshelf speakers (Arita?). it's a regular cone driver speakers (Cadence is better known for their electrostatic hybrid speakers) with dual front ports. This should work well w/ your Sony 40W/ch. here is a link to their website:
FYI, Cadence is a Poona based company.
Re. imported brands- there is a HUGE selection. Some that come to mind are: Wharfedale 9.1 bookshelf, Quad bookshelf, B&W bookshelf, Mission bookshelf, KEF bookshelf, etc, etc. Some of the other members might have better suggestions?
|#3 erstellt: 01. Jan 2008, 05:27|
40@16 ohms is ok but most of the speaerks these datys have a load between 4-8 ohms..do you have an idea of its power output then ?the the BBC LS 3/5 used to be an easy 15 ohms..
if i understand right most of the old amps were designed for more benign loads so the quad 11/12 may not be a bad idea..i am not so sure of the wharfedale as that is not really an easy load. the missions are usally easy loads as well.
whats you budget like ?
[Beitrag von Arj am 01. Jan 2008, 05:30 bearbeitet]
|#4 erstellt: 01. Jan 2008, 13:41|
Thanks for the replies guys.
@bombaywalla - I'm in Bombay too dude.
@arj - my budget would be 20k max for a pair of speakers.
also I'm looking for bookshelf speakers on the larger side as its going to be a straight 2 channel setup.
|#5 erstellt: 02. Jan 2008, 01:17|
I've spent a significant part of my life in BOM but I do not live there anymore. I did visit BOM during the last 2 weeks of November 2007!
Now, if 20K max is your speaker limit, forget about the Cadence speakers. I believe that they are more like 60-70K (goolimangala or any other member who knows better, please correct me if I'm wrong. thanks!).
They might be expensive for an Indian made product but their sound is excellent & they would be cheaper than any other import sold brand new in India.
Maybe Lyrita Audio (Viren in DEL) can be of some help here with speaker offerings that might be within your budget?
here's a link to his speaker portfolio: http://www.lyrita-audio.com/audiosys.htm
|Das könnte Dich auch interessieren:|
|HI FI STUDIO K speakers|
|Telefunken S 600 platter bearing|
Produkte in diesem Thread
Top 10 Threads in Stereo (Engl.) der letzten 7 Tage
- Is Jamo E-series worth it?
- Hey Guys Howz Yamaha AX396 Stereo Amp !!!!
- Just in at Absolute Phase: PRIMARE A32 PWR AMP + DYNAUDIO FOCUS 140 BKSHELF SPKS
- Power Cord : The most important cable in a hifi setup ?
- Voltage stabilizer for audio system. Which one?
- One speaker "louder" than the other?
- Replacing Stock Jumpers on NAD/Marantz
- I was blown away by the studio-125 proacs
- Where is grey market at Bangalore for Receivers and amps?
- Oxygen free Cables
Top 10 Threads in Stereo (Engl.) der letzten 50 Tage
- Jamo E670 Auditioned, Please read this.....
- Tips to get a deeper Soundstage
- Studio Monitors Vs. Bookshelf Speakers: What's the difference?
- A good solid state amp
- Output stage for DAC - opamp vs tube
- Dynaudio Audience 72SE opinion required.
- Usher Audio
- Ribbon tweeters
- What is antiskating and what is it's function?
- Plinius 8200...hmmm pretty good...
Top 10 Suchanfragen in Stereo (Engl.)
- jamo e670
- best stereo bass at low volume
- cattylink review
- confidence c5
- cosmic amps
- difference between cd players hi end and
- do connecting cables make a sonic stereo difference
- hifi left louder than the right
- high end hifi shops in munich
- iam looking for someone who can fix my philips its a turn table with the radio
- Registrierte Mitglieder772.436 ( Heute: 77 )
- Neuestes Mitgliedpumulolli
- Gesamtzahl an Themen1.279.236
- Gesamtzahl an Beiträgen16.500.544